Tips for an Effective Landing Page
Increasing traffic to your website is extremely important. There are some great SEO tips out there that can help do exactly that. However, once people visit your site you need to keep them there. That is where having an effective landing page becomes just as important as SEO. Read on for tips on how to maximize your landing page.
• Play well with others – Your landing page needs to be compatible with most if not all of the most widely used browsers. That includes Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. Even better, have a mobile version. For every browser your landing page doesn’t load on, that’s another potential conversion lost.
• Don’t make visitors wait -Not only does your landing page (and entire website, really) need to be widely compatible;it also needs to load in eight seconds or less. The longer your page takes to load, the less likely it is a visitor will wait around.
• Make things easy -Filling out forms is a pain, especially on mobile platforms. Social media signups have made signing up and opting in quick and painless. Utilize this breakthrough to make signups easy for visitors to your landing page.
• Feature interactive content – Images and text only are a thing of the past. Interactive video is a lot more fun and effective, especially on a landing page. If your landing page is a fun place to be, visitors are going to stick around.
• Lay out the welcome mat -It might seem obvious but when visitors arrive at your landing page, they need to know where they are.A clear headline announcing your landing page will do nicely.
• Have a clear call to action -Once visitors know where they are, they need to know what you want them to do. Whether you want visitors to complete a signup or purchase a product, a call to action makes it clear.